Source: Mazda - Press release after the jump.
Mazda Launches All-New 'Mazda Flairwagon' in Japan
Introduction of a tall-wagon rounds out Mazda's micro-mini lineup
The Flairwagon can comfortably accommodate four adults. It provides ample headroom, and the cabin length ensures that even the rear seats offer plenty of room. Sliding rear doors on both sides and a low rear step ensure passengers can easily get in and out of the car even in tight parking situations. Features of the Flairwagon have been designed for comfort and ease of use. Rear seats can be folded away with ease and an upper glove box located in front of the passenger seat can be used for cold storage.
The special edition IS Limited Flairwagon, introduced at the same time, comes equipped with an idling stop system and achieves an outstanding fuel economy of 22.2 km/L (JC08 mode test cycle).
Main features of the all-new Mazda Flairwagon
- Spacious and user-friendly design and packaging
- A stylish design with a high and long roof that conveys comfort and stability.
- A high roof and long wheelbase allow a spacious 1,365mm high and 2,070 mm long cabin.
- A front bench seat and dash-mounted shifter make it easy to move between the driver's seat and the passenger's seat.
- Getting in and out is easy thanks to a large rear door opening (580mm x 1,230mm) and low step (340mm - FWD model).
- The luggage compartment is only 535mm above the ground (FWD) allowing for easy loading.
- Split dive-down rear seat can be folded almost flat to create a deep cargo area capable of accommodating a standard 27-inch bicycle*1.
- Five exterior body colors are available; Aqua Veil Blue Pearl Metallic, Bloom Pink Metallic, Silky Silver Metallic, Pearl White and Bluish Black Pearl 3.
- Convenient features and equipment
- The Easy Closure function employed in both sliding rear doors automatically closes the door from a half-closed position.
- Power sliding rear door on the left side can be opened and closed by remote control (All models except LS model grade).
- Advanced keyless entry and keyless push button start system allows the driver to start and stop the engine with the press of a button.
- Plenty of convenient storage space including the passenger side under-seat box and an upper glove box which functions as a cold storage space using air from the air conditioner.
- Comfortable ride and outstanding environmental performance
- Achieves both powerful driving and excellent fuel economy thanks to the Variable Valve Timing (VVT) engine and a continuously variable transmission (CVT) with auxiliary gear box.
- Idling stop system with Hill Hold Control function contributes to outstanding fuel economy. (IS Limited special edition)
- All Flairwagon models qualify as super ultra-low emission vehicles (SU-LEV) with exhaust emissions at least 75 percent lower than Japan's 2005 standards.
- *1: Some bicycles may not fit depending on their shape.
Manufacturer's suggested retail price (Special Edition IS Limited Mazda Flairwagon)
- - A separate recycling fee of 9,720 yen is necessary in addition to the manufacturer's suggested retail price listed above.
- - Five body colors are available. If the special body color Pearl White is selected, the price increases by 31,500 yen (including tax).
- - If the CD player with rear view monitor is selected with the all-wheel drive XS or IS Limited, the price increases by 42,000 yen (including tax).
- *2: Based on Japan's eco-car tax reduction program.