Source: Volkswagen - Press release after the jump.
To the point: Polo Blue GT
A new dimension for petrol engines:
140 PS Polo BlueGT consumes just 4.6* l/100 km
Polo BlueGT is the first Volkswagen with cylinder deactivation
Active cylinder management (ACT) reduces fuel consumption by
up to 1.0 l/100 km
- Sporty and economical. The torque-friendly 1.4-litre TSI fitted to the Polo BlueGT develops a power output of 103 kW / 140 PS, yet it has a combined fuel consumption of just 4.6* l/100 km (equivalent to 107* g/km CO2). When the Polo BlueGT is ordered with the optional 7-speed DSG transmission, fuel consumption is reduced to a low 4.5* l/100 km (105* g/km CO2). Nonetheless, the Volkswagen, which has a top speed of 210 km/h, accelerates to 100 km/h in just 7.9 seconds. Also having a positive effect on dynamics is the engine’s high torque output. The torque curve is interesting in that it exhibits a plateau-like shape: the maximum torque of 250 Nm is available at a low 1,500 rpm and remains constant at this level right up to 3,500 rpm.
- High-tech package. This uncommon coexistence of efficiency and dynamic performance is enabled by the systematic interplay of ACT, downsizing (reduced engine displacement plus direct injection and charging) and BlueMotion Technologies (Stop/Start system, battery regeneration, aerodynamic components). With these innovative features, the Polo BlueGT closes the gap between the Polo 1.2 TSI (77 kW / 105 PS) and the Polo GTI (132 kW / 180 PS)
- Active cylinder management (ACT). By temporarily deactivating the second and third cylinders under low to medium load states, fuel consumption in the EU driving cycle is reduced by about 0.4 l/100 km. When driven at a constant speed of 50 km/h in third or fourth gear, it is possible to save up to 1.0 l/100 km in fuel.
- Features of the Polo BlueGT. The new Polo version is distinctive in many ways – both outside and inside. From the outside, the BlueGT is characterised by such features as new 17-inch aluminium wheels, a roof edge spoiler, modified bumpers (with diffuser on rear bumper), distinctive side sills and a 15 mm lower ride height. Interior features are upgraded thanks to such details as the extended functional range of the multifunction display (ACT indicator and tyre pressure), a cruise control system and sport seats in front. Naturally, features such as ESP, front airbags, head/thorax airbags and electrohydraulic steering are also standard in the new Polo BlueGT. The new car launches onto the market in the fourth quarter of this year. Its base price in Germany: 19,650 euros including VAT.
TDI, TSI, DSG and Twincharger are registered trademarks of Volkswagen AG or other companies of the Volkswagen Group in Germany and other countries.
All features, data and prices apply to models offered in Germany. They may differ in other countries.
* = All fuel consumption and emission figures in this press information are predicted figures as at June 2012