Source: BMW - Press release and additional pics (5) after the jump.
The new BMW X5
At a glance
- Third generation of the BMW X5; founder of the Sports Activity Vehicle segment and global market leader in its class sets new standards in powerful design, luxurious spaciousness, cutting-edge versatility and efficient driving pleasure.
- Characteristic, evolutionary development of body design from the predecessor model; powerful, alert front-end look, with twin circular headlight units extending into the BMW kidney grille; elegantly stretched silhouette; eye-catching swage line over the athletically moulded wheel arches; horizontal lines and taut surfaces at the rear; features optimising the car’s aerodynamic properties integrated harmoniously into its overall design language, including Air Curtains, Air Breathers and Aero Blades for the rear window.
- New scope for individualisation: owners can specify new Design Pure Experience and Design Pure Excellence design worlds and M Sport package; exterior and interior features can be ordered in almost any combination.
- Increased spaciousness, clarity and luxurious ambience in the interior; raised seating position; low-set instrument panel with horizontal lines extending into the door trim and additional trim surface; enhanced interior variability thanks to 40 : 20 : 40 split/folding rear seat backrest; boot capacity: 650 – 1,870 litres; automatic tailgate operation as standard; tailgate can now also be opened and closed by remote control and from the driver’s seat; rear comfort seats and an additional third row of seats are both available as options.
- Three engine variants at launch: BMW X5 xDrive50i with a new generation of the V8 petrol engine (330 kW/450 hp), BMW X5 xDrive30d with revised six-cylinder in-line diesel unit (190 kW/258 hp) and the BMW X5 M50d M Performance Automobile with tri-turbo six-cylinder in-line diesel (280 kW/381 hp). In December 2013 the BMW X5 xDrive40d, BMW X5 xDrive35i, BMW X5 xDrive25d and BMW X5 sDrive25d (with CO2 emissions of just 149 g/km) will be added to the range.
- Commitment to reducing fuel consumption and emissions through weight minimisation, optimised air guidance, engine technology and the standard-fitted – and extremely efficient – eight-speed automatic gearbox with additional BMW EfficientDynamics technology; Auto Start Stop function, ECO PRO mode including coasting function and Proactive Driving Assistant also offered; all models already have the EU6 rating.
- Driving Experience Control switch fitted as standard; Comfort, Dynamic and Professional adaptive suspension packages and Adaptive M suspension can be specified to enhance the car’s sporty handling properties and ride comfort; Electric Power Steering for all model variants; Active Steering optional.
- Standard BMW xDrive all-wheel-drive system (excl. BMW X5 sDrive25d), also available with Dynamic Performance Control as part of the Dynamic and Professional adaptive suspension packages; xDrive status display makes its debut.
- More innovations in the BMW ConnectedDrive range: BMW Head-Up Display with full spectrum of colours and new display content; BMW Night Vision with human and animal detection and Dynamic Light Spot, Lane Change Warning, Speed Limit Info, new BMW Parking Assistant with longitudinal and lateral guidance*, Surround View with 360-degree display, Driving Assistant including Lane Departure Warning, plus Collision Warning and Pedestrian Warning with braking function; Driving Assistant Plus additionally with Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go function including braking to a standstill, Traffic Jam Assistant with active speed and steering angle control without driver input*; extensive range of mobility and internet-based services such as Concierge Services, Remote Services, Intelligent Emergency Call, Real Time Traffic Information, internet access, in-car use of Facebook and Twitter, dictation function with full speech recognition for emails, SMS and memos, online entertainment. (*planned availability: December 2013)
- Cutting-edge equipment options: freestanding, up to 10.25-inch Control Display for standard-fitted iDrive operating system; Touch Controller with touch-sensitive surface available with optional navigation system; high-quality materials; extended storage areas; Bang & Olufsen High End Surround Sound System, comfort seats in the rear and new rear-seat entertainment system with two displays all available as options.
BMW X5 xDrive50i: V8 petrol engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology (two turbochargers, direct injection, VALVETRONIC),
Capacity: 4,395 cc, output: 330 kW/450 hp at 5,500 rpm,
max. torque: 650 Nm (479 lb-ft) at 2,000 – 4,500 rpm.
Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h (62 mph)]: 5.0 seconds,
top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph).
Average fuel consumption according to EU standard:
10.4 – 10.5 litres/100 kilometres (27.2 – 26.9 mpg imp),
CO2 emissions according to EU standard: 242 – 244 g/km (figures depend on the tyre format specified), exhaust standard: EU6.
BMW TwinPower Turbo technology (turbocharger with variable inlet geometry, common rail direct injection),
Capacity: 2,993 cc, output: 190 kW/258 hp at 4,000 rpm, max. torque: 560 Nm (413 lb-ft) at 1,500 – 3,000 rpm.
Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h (62 mph)]: 6.9 seconds,
top speed: 230 km/h (143 mph).
Average fuel consumption according to EU standard: 6.2 litres/100 kilometres (45.6 mpg imp),
CO2 emissions according to EU standard: 162 – 164 g/km (figures depend on the tyre format specified), exhaust standard: EU6.
Capacity: 2,993 cc, output: 280 kW/381 hp at 4,000 – 4,400 rpm,
max. torque: 740 Nm (546 lb-ft) at 2,000 – 3,000 rpm.
Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h (62 mph)]: 5.3 seconds,
top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph).
Average fuel consumption according to EU standard: 6.7 litres/100 kilometres (42.2 mpg imp),
CO2 emissions according to EU standard: 177 g/km, exhaust standard: EU6.