Source: Ford - Press release and pics (5) after the jump.
All-New 2014 Ford F-150 Tremor Is World's First EcoBoost-Powered Sport Truck
- 2014 Ford F-150 Tremor comes standard with the company’s powerful 3.5-liter EcoBoost® engine, offering V8 performance, V6 fuel economy and a launch-optimized 4.10 rear axle with electronic locking differential
- Short-wheelbase, regular-cab Tremor offers stylish FX Appearance Package and functional features that include a floor shifter, class-exclusive HID headlamps and standard SYNC® with MyFord Touch® connectivity system
- All-new truck’s distinctive looks are complemented by unique boxside Tremor graphics and custom-inspired interior
The short-wheelbase, regular-cab Tremor goes on sale this fall delivering distinctive looks and performance. The all-new truck couples the style of the FX Appearance Package with an EcoBoost engine and a launch-optimized 4.10 rear axle – the shortest final drive ratio offered in an EcoBoost F-150 – helping provide customers with fast acceleration.
Tremor signals its sport truck capabilities with a custom-inspired FX Appearance Package featuring stealthy, flat-black accents that include unique 20-inch flat-black wheels, stylized bodyside graphics and black badges with red lettering.
“The new Tremor gives F-150 customers yet another option to drive a highly capable, distinctive performance truck with features typically found only in the aftermarket,” said Brian Bell, F-150 product marketing manager. “Plus, the Built Ford Tough EcoBoost engine is available for the first time in a short-wheelbase F-150.”
F-150 Tremor is powered exclusively by Ford’s groundbreaking 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine, which features:
- 365 horsepower at 5,000 rpm on regular fuel
- 420 lb.-ft. of torque at 2,500 rpm
- Twin independent variable camshaft timing for improved performance and fuel economy
- Up to 90 percent peak torque available from 1,700 rpm to 5,000 rpm
- An electronic locking rear differential that’s standard for both two- and four-wheel-drive versions helps deliver the power to the pavement by improving traction during takeoff.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 175,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.