If you like your off-roaders a little larger and with a touch of luxury, then the Grand Cherokee Overlander concept may be your go-anywhere vehicle. Start with a Sage Green Grand Cherokee, and add in 19-inch milled wheels with all-terrain tires, a unique front fascia, an integrated front winch, tow hooks, larger wheel flares, SRT taillamps and hood, off-road rock rails, front and rear skid plates, spray-on truck-bed coating on the roof, and a two-person hard-shell rooftop tent, Power comes from a 3.0-liter diesel V6 mated to an eight-speed automatic. I like the wheels and the red accents. The Grand Cherokee Overlander is an attractive idea for those that go, well, overland or like to camp out. The good part is that you could probably put one together at your local dealer from Mopar and Jeep Performance Parts. Don't know about the green paint, but the rest of it is pretty cool. More info after the jump...
Source: Jeep - Press release after the "read more" jump. 2015 Jeep Moab Easter Safari master post.
2015 Easter Jeep Safari master post.
Press release (partial):
Seven New Jeep® Concept Vehicles Unleashed for 49th Annual Easter Jeep Safari
Vehicles showcase array of Mopar and Jeep Performance Parts available to enthusiasts
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Overlander: built to meet the demands of lengthy wilderness treks
The 2015 Easter Jeep Safari concept vehicles include:
The Grand Cherokee-based Overlander concept vehicle represents the rough-and-tumble side of Grand Cherokee, a rugged and dependable vehicle customized for the enthusiast interested in overland expeditions where they travel and camp out of their vehicle.
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Overlander sports Sage Green exterior paint. Custom features include a one-off front fascia, integrated front winch, tow hooks, larger wheel flares, SRT taillamps and hood, off-road rock rails, front and rear skid plates and 18-inch milled wheels with BF Goodrich All-terrain T/A tires.
The powertrain is the 3.0-liter diesel V-6 engine mated to the eight-speed Torqueflight transmission.
To top it off, the Grand Cherokee Overlander has a durable spray-in truck bed coating on the roof and a two-person hard-shell rooftop tent that is easily deployable.
About Easter Jeep Safari
Easter Jeep Safari consists of trail rides, mostly day long trips, departing from Moab, Utah throughout the nine-day-long event. The Jeep Safari was started in 1967 by the Moab Chamber of Commerce as a one-day trail ride. Over the years, as participation grew, the Safari grew and expanded until it finally reached the current nine-day event. "Big Saturday" still remains the culmination of the event on the Saturday of Easter weekend.
About Mopar Brand
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words Motor and PARts) was trademarked in 1937 with the launch of an antifreeze product but truly made its mark in the 1960s during the muscle-car era. From Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use, the brand soon expanded to include technical service and customer support.
Today, Mopar is FCA’s service, parts and customer-care brand and distributes more than 500,000 parts and accessories in more than 130 markets, integrating service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance dealer and customer support worldwide. Mopar is the source for genuine parts and accessories for FCA brands.
Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for FCA vehicles – a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at www.mopar.com.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with customers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format. First to offer complete vehicle-information kits in Spanish
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- wiAdvisor: first to provide factory-connected tablet technology in the service lane for instant vehicle diagnosis
- wiTech: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
Built on more than 70 years of legendary heritage, Jeep is the authentic SUV with class-leading capability, craftsmanship and versatility for people who seek extraordinary journeys. The Jeep brand delivers an open invitation to live life to the fullest by offering a full line of vehicles that continue to provide owners with a sense of security to handle any journey with confidence.
The Jeep vehicle lineup consists of the Cherokee, Compass, Grand Cherokee, Patriot, Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited. To meet consumer demand around the world, all Jeep models sold outside North America are available in both left and right-hand drive configurations and with gasoline and diesel powertrain options.