Source: Honda - Press release and video after the "read more" jump.
Sporty and Sophisticated Visual Presence Portends What's Under the Skin of the Dramatically Redesigned 2016 Civic Sedan
- The all-new tenth generation Civic launches with benchmark-setting levels of performance, fuel efficiency, interior space and premium quality
"The new Honda Civic offers incredible value and a fun-to-drive spirit that will take a lot of customers by surprise," said Jeff Conrad, senior vice president and general manager of the Honda Division. "This tenth generation Civic exemplifies the incredible engineering strength of Honda and our capacity to deliver something altogether new, unexpected and thrilling for our customers."
The 2016 Civic Sedan offers buyers more choices than ever before with two all-new powertrains and an expanded range of features and trims. Civic LX and EX trims feature a new 158-horsepower, 2.0-liter i-VTEC™ engine—the most powerful base engine ever offered on Civic, while Civic EX-T, EX-L and new line-topping Touring models are powered by a 174-horspower, 1.5-liter DOHC TURBO engine with unprecedented levels of power, refinement and class-leading fuel economy ratings.
EPA fuel economy ratings for the 2016 Civic Sedan are 31/41/35 mpg3 (city/highway/combined) for 2.0-liter models with continuously variable transmission (CVT) and 31/42/35 mpg3 for 1.5-liter TURBO models with CVT.
Additional design and engineering highlights of the all-new 2016 Civic Sedan include:
- Dynamic new styling – with a bolder, more aggressive face; sharp and sophisticated body lines; a sporty fastback profile and premium features, including the expanded use of LED exterior lighting
- All-new Civic platform architecture – with a 1.2-inch-longer wheelbase, a nearly 2-inch wider body and wider track that gives Civic a more athletic and aggressive stance while contributing to its more refined ride quality and larger cabin, including 1.2 inches of added rear-seat legroom
- A more rigid, lightweight and tightly sealed body – featuring a new Advanced Compatibility Engineering™(ACE™) body structure, supporting Civic's fun-to-drive performance, class-leading cabin quietness and targeted top-class crash safety ratings: NCAP 5-star Overall Vehicle Score and IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK+
- A more spacious and premium-quality cabin – with premium, soft-touch surfaces and refined detailing that exceeds the mainstream compact-car class, along with an expanded list of standard and available features, including heated front and rear seats, automatic climate control, remote engine start and eight-way power driver's seat
- Honda Sensing™ – available suite includes Collision Mitigation Braking System™, Lane Keeping Assist and Road Departure Warning, and adds, for the first time, Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow, setting a new bar for advanced safety and driver-assistive technology in the mainstream compact class
- Advanced connected-car capabilities – enabled by a new and more intuitive 7-inch Display Audio touchscreen interface with Android operating system, also featuring Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility for seamless integration of smartphone features and functions